Learn to Play the Drums
The drum is an instrument you can learn relatively quickly if your goal is to play for fun as part of a hobby or stress relief. On the other hand, if your goal is to archive complete mastery, you need the help of well-structured drum lessons. Our drum lessons are combined with our rock band programs to keep the students motivated and engaged in their drum lessons.
The characteristics of our drum lessons are the following:
- Students apply the music theory in songs that the students like. This helps faster learnings.
- Drum instructors create different versions of the songs in order to match the students' pace. This allows the students to be able to play songs, no matter the difficulty of the original song.
- Our well-structured drum lessons help the students master sigh reading in a dynamic and fun way.
While every child is different, it's generally a good idea to wait until your child is at least five years old before starting drum lessons. These are the main factors to consider:
- Motivation: If your child is the one expressing a strong interest in the drums, it will help overcome the difficulties that will arrive while taking drum lessons with the instructor.
- Physical development: Before beginning drum lessons, we need to make sure your child have enough strength and coordination to hold drum sticks.
- Attention span: Many young children struggle to pay attention for long periods of time, especially when it comes to new, challenging tasks. We recommend starting young students with shorter lessons (30-minutes) and increasing the lesson time as your child's skills and passion grow.
The students come to our drum lessons once a week for a 30-minute private session. We are open during the following days:
- Mondays to Fridays, from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Saturdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Every show we have 18 bands
- Sundays: Exact availabilities vary by school location. Please ask your local PY Rock location for details.