Learn to Sing
Private singing lessons, combined with our performance programs are the best way to develop a great voice. Our vocal instructors first take an evaluation of the student's voice to know what they should be working on. They know the path is not the same for everyone. Our priority in our singing lessons is to develop good habits when doing vocal exercises. We think that a single lesson with the right vocal teacher can change the course of the student career.
The characteristics of PY Rock Elizabeth singing lessons are the following:
- Students apply music theory in songs that they like. This helps them learn faster.
- Vocal instructors create different versions of the songs in order to match the students' pace. This allows the students to be able to sing songs, no matter the difficulty of the original version.
- Our well-structured vocal lessons help the students master intonation in a dynamic and fun way.
We have students taking singing lessons as young as five years old. It is very important to be aware of the changes and the proper techniques in each stage in order to keep your child’s voice in great health and shape. These are the main factors to consider:
- Motivation: If your child is the one expressing a strong interest in the guitar, it will help him/her overcome the difficulties that will arrive while taking guitar lessons with the instructor.
- Focus: Younger children might love to sing, but a focused lesson that focuses solely on vocal technique can be challenging for kids. After a trial lesson we would be able to tell whether the student is ready for classes or not.
- Attention span: Many young children struggle to pay attention for long periods of time, especially when it comes to new, challenging tasks. We recommend starting young students with shorter lessons (30-minutes) and increasing the lesson time as your child's skills and passion grow.
The students come to our singing lessons once a week for a 30-minute private session. We are open during the following days:
- Mondays to Fridays, from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Saturdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- We host shows with 18 bands every three months.
- Sundays: Exact availabilities vary by school location. Please ask your local PY Rock location for details.