Learn to Play the Piano
PY Rock Elizabeth piano lesson program is specially designed to take complete beginners to an intermediate level faster than any other piano lesson method. Our piano lessons are suitable for kids, teens, and adults. Students can expect to have weekly private piano lessons, as well as 90-minute band rehearsals (audition required).
The characteristics of our piano lessons are the following:
- Students apply music theory in songs that they like. This helps them learn faster.
- Piano instructors create different versions of songs in order to match the students' pace. This allows the students to be able to play songs, no matter the difficulty of the original song.
- Our well-structured piano lessons help the students master sigh reading in a dynamic and fun way.
The best time to start piano lessons will be different for every child, but most will be ready between the ages of five to eight years old. When asking if your child is ready for piano lessons, these are some factors to consider:
- Size of hand: Before beginning piano lessons, we need to make sure your child’s hands have grown enough to be comfortable using a keyboard.
- Finger independence: Is your child able to move each finger independently without moving the others? When taking piano lessons, the piano instructor will require the students to stretch single fingers to reach certain keys.
- Desire to learn: If the motivation to take piano lessons comes from your child, it will help him/her overcome all difficulties that might come up when working with the piano instructor.
The students come to our piano lessons once a week for a 30-minute private session. We are open during the following days:
- Mondays to Fridays, from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Saturdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- We host shows with 18 bands every three months.
- Sundays: Exact availabilities vary by school location. Please ask your local PY Rock location for details.